TERMENI importanti pentru acest document
VERBELE BE, DO, HAVE
BE WAS BEEN
The old man is taking an afternoon nap.
The bridge was destroyed by the earthquake.
Dr. Johnson is a dentist. He is calm and patient.
The baby is two months old. How old are you?
You are to finish your homework before dinner. (= You must finish )
The chairman is to give his annual speech tomorrow. (= He plans to give )
Meg is about to leave. (= Meg is on the point of leaving.)
There are two pieces of cake left in the fridge.
There is a person outside the door.
1. Iata o descriere a lui Carolyn Ames. Completati spatiile cu BE:
Id like to introduce you to my best friend. Her name Carolyn. She . twenty years old, but . twenty-one next month. She . a nurse and works at the local hospital. She has interested in helping sick people ever since she .. a little girl. Carolyn both friendly and understanding. All her patients like her!
Carolyn has always .. tall and slim. Her hair fair and curly. She .. usually well-dressed and her clothes always fashionable. She radiates warmth. You can tell she . a happy person from her smile.
you glad you have met her?
2. Studiati urmatoarea lista de expresii cu BE. Alegeti-o pe cea corecta pentru a completa spatiile libere.
BE NEW TO, BE WRONG, BE TIRED, BE FOR, BE IN A HURRY, BE GOOD AT, BE AWAY, BE OVER, BE UP, BE IN.
DO DID DONE
Utilizare: DO se foloseste atat ca verb auxiliar cat si ca verb propriu-zis.
A. DO ca verb auxiliar:
The kitten doesnt play with strangers.
Did they go to the opera yesterday?
My company made a profit last year but IBM did not.
Mary typed that letter very badly. She certainly did!
Do eat your vegetables!
Youre wrong: I did pay you!
B. DO ca verb propriu-zis are sensul general de a duce la bun sfarsit, a realiza, a executa, a administra, a pune in practica:
Students should do the exercises at the end of each unit.
He always does the job well.
The office clerk did the transaction yesterday.
NOTA: A nu se confunda DO cu MAKE! Verbul MAKE are sensul general de a crea, a produce, a construi, a cauza, a face sa fie sau a prepara. Comparati:
to do someone a favour to make a friend
to do ones best to make the bed
to do good to make money
to do the dishes to make a rule
to do the shopping to make a mistake
to do ones homework to make a mess
to do a crossword puzzle to make a living
to do ones duty to make fun of someone
to do well/badly to make oneself at home
3. Legati propozitiile corespondente.
1. He prepared the meal. a. He did me a favour.
2. He helped the victim. b. He did his best.
3. He studied for the history test. c. He did good.
4. He vacuumed the apartment. d. He did harm to it.
5. He lent me some money. e. He did the dishes.
6. He bought food for the week. f. He did the shopping.
7. He got the highest mark in the class. g. He did the cooking.
8. He gave money to charity. h. He did his duty.
9. He washed up after supper. i. He did his homework.
10. He kicked the dog. j. He did the housework.
4. Folositi MAKE sau DO in propozitiile de mai jos.
HAVE HAD HAD
Utilizare: HAVE se foloseste atat ca verb auxiliar cat si ca verb propriu-zis.
A. HAVE ca verb auxiliar:
Present perfect: I have worked.
Past perfect: I had worked.
Future perfect: I will have worked.
Past conditional: I would have worked.
They had better study hard from the first day of school. (It would be a good idea if they studied hard from )
Youd better go home. (It would be a good idea if you went home.)
I wont have that dog sleeping on my bed! (I wont permit that dog to sleep on my bed!)
B. HAVE ca verb propriu-zis:
Anne always has a cold.
Anne doesnt always have a cold.
Does Anne always have a cold?
Cand HAVE este urmat de GOT, se intareste sensul posesiv.
Debbies got a lovely voice.
Have you got a computer?
The twins usually have dinner early.
My aunt Mary doesnt have coffee often.
Our neighbours had a cocktail party last week.
Mrs. Riley had her house painted. (Mrs. Riley got someone to paint her house.)
My best friend has his hair trimmed every Friday. (My best friend has someone to cut his hair every Friday.)
5. Legati propozitiile corespondente.
1. Shes smoking. a. Shes having a bath.
2. We examined the portrait. b. She had a bad time.
3. She keeps sneezing. c. She had a baby.
4. We have lots to worry about. d. We had a long talk.
5. We conversed for hours. e. We have problems.
6. She gave birth to a little girl. f. She has a cold.
7. She didnt enjoy herself. g. Shes having a cigarette.
8. Shes washing herself. h. We had a look at the painting.
9. We had lots of fun. i. we had a good time.
10. She needs an aspirin. j. She has a headache.
6. Transformati propozitiile urmand exemplul.
Mrs. Farrell had her dish washer fixed.
1. Lets talk a little about our identities which means who we are, using sociological categories of analysis, such as: nationality, age group, religion, social belonging to one group or the other etc.
Adauga cod HTML in site